Friday, April 11, 2008

The Poor Lip






I was in Burke's when the nurse called to inform me that Caden had been hit in the lip with a plastic bat during P.E. The bleeding had stopped but he had a headache and stomach ache and she thought he needed to come home. According to the nurse, the swelling has gone down some.

I got him a slush at Sonic on the way home and gave him some Ibuprofen for the pain. It's throbbing and he's not a happy camper. I'm not good at dealing with injuries. I'm glad the bleeding stopped before I got to him.

He wanted me to tell his dad that he got into a fight but it was too late. I had already spilled the beans on the way to the school.

The nurse wasn't sure about stitches. The gash is pretty deep but I would think as long as the bleeding has stopped, he shouldn't need them. I think I will wait for his dad to come home for lunch to get a second opinion on whether this warrants a trip to the doctor. At this point, I think it's just a nasty busted lip that needs an ice pack.

This brings back the memory of me walking right into the path of my sister swinging a bat when I was five-years-old. I had a gaping hole in my lip that would not stop gushing blood. I remember my mom holding cup towels over my face all the way to the E.R. I ended up with stitches and a nice scar. My sister was more traumatized than I was and still feels guilty about it to this day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Caden, I posted you a comment on the mannequin story, check it out..again I hope you are getting better.

hey Carri... send me an E-Mail so I can get your new address

love yall..grandpa/dad/paul