Sunday, January 07, 2007

Columbus, Here We Come!

I will be leaving in about three more hours with Lauren and her friend Brittany for Columbus, Ohio. This wasn't a trip I was thrilled about to begin with but I am pretty excited about it now. It all came about after Lauren decided she was going to go see “Dancing With the Stars” on tour. They purchased tickets to the show before planning any other part of their trip.

It was decided that I would be joining them after it became apparent these two had no business going alone. They're too young to rent a car and would've been staying somewhere in the downtown district relying on the foot mobile and taxi's for their transportation. To be perfectly honest, Lauren can't find her way out of a brown paper bag. I'm not kidding! I can't count the calls I've gotten from her, lost, in a completey different direction and location than she’d set out for. Plus, they're both very pretty girls and I couldn't help but worry about what could happen to them if they were all alone in a hotel coming and going from various places, so I signed on as “chaperone”.

I'm not a fan of the show so I saved my $60 and will be skipping the performance. Besides, they bought their tickets before it was known that I would be going and I would've been stuck sitting by myself. We'll shop, eat, take in some sights and hopefully enjoy the heated pool at the hotel. We’ll only be gone two nights.

Lauren takes after me and totally procrastinates. I work more efficiently under pressure. We both waited until the last minute to start packing. She actually has a load of clothes in the dryer now that need to be added to her suitcase. I decided I’d just stay up since I was only going to get about two hours of sleep but she went on to bed about an hour ago. I have to hit the shower soon but finally got all packed. I’m exhausted but will have no problems sleeping on the plane. She promised to nudge me if I start to snore, which is highly likely.

I’m taking my laptop and if I have a chance will post some pictures of our trip. I have some friends in Ohio but they all live a few hours away, so unfortunately, I won’t be seeing any of them. I think we’ll have a great time and maybe even get in some real mother and daughter bonding time. We didn’t even argue tonight while packing, which was remarkable. As a matter of fact, I'd say we bonded.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're not going to the show! OMG! I love dancing with the stars! That & Cold Case are the only two shows I watch religiously. I am so jealous! I hope you have a blast. When you get home, you'll either be closer or you'll hate each other! I'm hoping for the closer scenerio! Good luck & have fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your going to have a great time, wish It were me. Oh well ....we can enjoy it vicariously through your blog when youall come back ...we be waiting/ Have a safe trip ...love yall ..grandpa/dad/ paul

Oh!!...hi' Tee Dee..

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the pics... sorry i haven't wrote, yet agian! :o)
**teary eyed about the bonding line** lol ... HAVE FUN!!!

~~prestonsgirl

Carri said...

Hey!
We're having fun but I've had to eat some crow because Lauren isn't the one getting lost around here. I've done a great job of that all by myself. Their freeway's all have 6 & 7's in them so we were a bit confused trying to get around and find our way back to the room yesterday. They have highway 70, 71, 270, 670...........Plus it was raining. The girls were afraid they were going to miss the show but I got them there! Finally.
It's much colder out today, but at least the rain is gone. I did get to see most of the city, but that wasn't my intention at the time. ha!
Oh, and our flight here was scary due to bad weather when we landed in Nashville. I really thought we were "going down" and so did the girls. We were all praying. It's funny NOW but at the time was pretty scary.
Well, we're off to explore and hopefully we'll find our way back this time!